Monday 12 December 2016

My One Fear


They say failure is part of the process.
You learn from your mistakes.
You improve over time.

Practice makes perfect;
That is the adage, right?
Think about how scary that is.

I am not afraid of failure.
Never have been.
Because I believed in the process.

However, for it to be a process
There must be some progress.
So what happens when there isn't?

I am not afraid of failure.
I have failed many times before.
But how many more times will there be?

I would rather struggle with the mountain
Through hardship and strife
Than find myself on a plateau.

If practice makes perfect, 
Then the day it yields no more increase
Surely, it means you have arrived.

Thus, if that day comes before you hoped
Then it quietly signals
'Your perfect is nothing of note.'

That is what scares me the most.
The thought of just how imperfect
My perfect can be. 

I am not afraid of failure
I will fall if I must.
But mediocrity-

Mediocrity.

- terrifies me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment