Friday 8 January 2021

SBM Act Three

The accompanying literature to Act Three of my 2018 instrumental project, Songs By Moonlight.
The project can be found at: https://africori.to/songsbymoonlight

Waves:

I feel like a cloud and it’s only been one hit. 
Nah bro I’m cool, I can’t even feel that shit. 
I’m just a bit airy, my head's kinda light
I know a lay down, so when did I take flight?
Did you say something? I can’t feel my face
Who gave me a helmet? Why am I in space
Or underwater, I think. I’m not even sure 
I’m floating, I see myself lying on the floor 
I must be tripping, I’m surfing on a wave 
I’m a hot air balloon, I’ll come down someday. 

Lost [Without You]: 

Where are you now that I need you
I don’t know how to proceed
You said you were breaking my shackles
Then how come I don’t feel so free
You said you were doing me a favour
But this isn’t the Favour I need
It’s like you’ve cut my heart out
But I’m too numb to bleed
I can’t do this alone
We were a team
You gave me direction
When I ran out of steam
You rekindled the flames
When I gave up on dreams
You were a greater part of me
Than I am myself, it seems. 

Neptune’s Tale:

The waves crested and the sea lashed out
Our ship tossed and bucked and swayed
Hardened sailors stiff and afraid
We prayed with hearts full of doubt. 

We went under and thought ourselves dead
Our eyes opened and beheld his huge form
This monster had saved us from the storm
And rested us on the ocean bed

He was no monster, just a lonely king
Neptune, the god of the seas
Happy to have found company
Even amongst us lower beings 

He offered to throw us a feast
A banquet of all we desired
We merried till we were spent and tired
And the time had come to return east

He bid us and thrust us onward
Back through the raging tides
He left us all a gift inside
We were all now gods on board

Teardrops of Venus:

The goddess of love stared into the pool where she watched her subjects. Her orderlies watched with her, fearing the results of her latest experiment with the hearts of humans. And when the mortal man shunned the advances of her faithful child, the tears streamed down her face and dripped into the swirling pool. Venus cried her eyes dry. She sobbed and rocked till she worked herself into a rampage. Fueled by spite, she swooped down on this heartless male specimen, assaulting him with emotional turmoil that would impress even the god of war. She played with his mind, determined to leave him an unloveable mess. Before she could maim him permanently, her orderlies sang out to her; a song to calm her down. The rage faded from her eyes. She returned to the arms of her servants, ready for her next experiment. 

From The Ashes:  

The mighty Phoenix withers and dies
A burning death that takes others along
A death of fire and brimstone
A harsh and explosive demise 
Until all is reduced to dust. 
And from the flames of the ruins
Like order out of chaos,
The Phoenix regains her fire
Piecing together what was destroyed
Creating anew from what was lost
The lessons from the past
Become the advice for the future
As the great bird rises

From the ashes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment